Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 6-7: Jackson & Jackson Hole

On my sixth day, after the Laurence S. Rockefeller Preserve I went to Jackson Hole so I could ride the tram.

The other Tram I was on with in Albuquerque NM, so I knew what to expect.  The Jackson Hole Tram is about a 12 minute ride up the mountain to gaining 4,139 vertical feet to an elevation of 10,450 feet.  Ticket prices at the window were $32...if you plan to go, buy online and save about $7.


I am glad I knew to bring my fleece up there with me...because it was chilly and windy.  Looking west, there were massive rain clouds, which made the sky look quite amazing.  But because of this, they also stopped all up-going tram rides...so I was quite lucky to get to the top when I did.  I spent about 30 minutes up there looking around...I didn't do any hikes because at that point I already did two long ones and I was tired.

me at the top - with Grand Teton behind me
Day 7 after I checked out of the hotel, I headed out of the Grand Teton National Park...stopping by Oxbow Bend one last time to search for moose...none.  Jackson was my only real destination this day, and mostly just to see the antler arches at the town square.  What a cute town!!  That is exactly what I expected other towns out that way to look like.  1-2 story shops & restaurants lined the streets with a beautiful mountain backdrop.
me under one of the antler arches
Jackson & Jackson Hole are super close to each other...I didn't have to break it up the way I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment