Sunday, July 3, 2011

I Never...

You know the game I Never?  It goes something like this.  One person starts and makes a comment that starts with "I never" - let's say 'I never kissed a girl' then anyone who did kiss a girl, would take a sip of a drink.  As the night goes on, you find out some pretty shocking stuff about your friends.  Anyway, this post is not about that game, per sae. 

Last Thursday my co-worker and I met up with these two guys we met when we were in Anaheim at the beginning of June (They were here for a work meeting).  We started off at a rooftop bar, I'VE NEVER been to a rooftop bar in Manhattan, and had a drink there where we started catching up on the last three weeks. 

From there we went to uptown to their hotel and had a drink at their hotel bar.  Our new friends ordered 4 Jägermeister shots for us, but once I saw the color I told the bartender to not fill my glass up.  New friends wanted me to at least try it since I'VE NEVER tasted Jägermeister.  It was gross. That one little drop that landed on my tongue was ugh & I kept making this really funny faces.  The bartender then suggested that I have a raspberry vodka...I figured I liked raspberry so why not?  I've only done 3 shots of vodka straight in my life...and they were all at a vodka distillery on Long Island on the same day.  This raspberry vodka was disgusting too - I had about 2/3 of the shot and gave the rest to one of the guys.  The brand was Stoli and my friends thought it was funny that I NEVER heard of that brand before.

We were hungry so we headed over to 2nd Ave and found a place to eat, essentially the first Italian place we walked past.  At dinner it was brought to my attention all the other things I'VE NEVER done:
  • I never smoked (anything) or did any drugs
  • I never saw or had an anchovy
  • I never sang karaoke or been to a karaoke bar
  • I didn't know what Patron is (actually I don't even remember what they said)
  • Until I hung out with them in Anaheim, I never shotgunned a beer
  • I never tried a regular martini
  • I never heard of this musician they were talking about that is well known...and I still don't remember who it was
  • I never put a condom on a guy
  • I haven't been to Europe yet (they all have been)
  • I never went on 'spring break'
  • not quite an I never...but I don't know a lot about liquor or mixed drinks
  • I never had a true one night stand
I don't remember the rest of the stuff, but the night was filled with it.  At some point one of the guys asked me if I was Mormon because he never met anyone so naive and sheltered before.  I mean, I think as an adult I turned out OK.  I was a happy child and adolescent, half of my 20s were decent...sure I haven't had a lot of experiences but I think that is OK.  I have more memories to make with someone new.  I get to enjoy my life more spread out.

I stayed at my co-worker's apartment and I did a walk, similar to the walk of shame, back into work wearing the same clothes as I had on the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment