Thursday, July 7, 2011

Beach Bliss

June was an insane month so I needed a break to just relax.  It just so happens that my favorite family always has some people out to their beach house for the 4th of July - and this year was no different.  I came out Saturday and am stayed until Thursday.  I brought out two side salads, two desserts, two different alcoholic beverages and a little fruit.  My pasta salad I went with 'fourth of July' theme and dyed my pasta red & blue and left some regular colored in there. I took a picture of the prep work...but forgot to take it after I mixed it all together.  It looked great, but the blue looked faded & more green than I would have liked...but it came out pretty awesome.


There are two things that I worry about when I am out when I am at this beach.  1) I worry that I might run into SIs sister...crazy I know, but ONE year many years ago she was renting a house just two houses away from where I stay.  I know she has at least one kid now...so the odds of her out here is probably slim...but sometimes I wonder if I ran into her, would she remember me? Are we obligated to say hi? Are we supposed to pretend we didn't see each other? I'd be to worried she would tell me something I didn't want to hear about 2) that SI knows I am come here...and that he will march down the beach with his wife/kid(s) in tow.  Keep rubbing it in.  Thankfully these are stupid worries (I hope) because they probably will never happen.  Anyway, back to me & the beach.

I started wearing my bikinis in 'public' but that isn't 100% true since the beach is private...and not THAT crowded.  The first day was beautiful and I managed to burn my back pretty bad.  I am a huge wearer of sunscreen and a year or two ago I converted to wearing 30 SPF.  I don't want to get all those sun wrinkles and sun spots and I want to look 'young' in my old age.  This is a HUGE change from when I was 18 and put baby oil on or later converted to SPF 2 or 4.  I did put some sunscreen on my back on day #1, but only once hours before I fell asleep on my belly.  Woops.
private beach
my first picture of me in a bikini

my sunburn
Day #2 was rainy and we just hung out inside most of the day.  I spent an hour or two looking for jobs (didn't apply to anything).  In the evening we played a few games then some beer pong and s'mores.

Day #3 was the 4th of July and was as foggy as could be.  We went to the beach for a few hours anyway; I think I got some color through the hazy - but not too much since it was windy and I had my cover up wrapped over me.  We went to the Beach Hut for dinner and saw an amazing sunset (I had my camera settings incorrect, so you can't see how amazing and red/orange it really was) then to town for the fireworks...they did a really nice job.  When I got back, I hung out with the married folks who were already drunk and laughed at them, I mean - with them - for about 3 hours.


Day #4 was picture perfect.  No clouds, blue skies, warm with a northern breeze.  Aahhhhh.  We hung out on the deck all day and my tan continues to darken.  We went to the Beach Hut again for some live music.  Another beautiful sunset.


Day #5 was supposed to be as perfect as #4 but it wasn't.  It was foggy and hazy.  I layed out on the deck for a while.   In in the evening we played a few more games & drank.

Day #6 was gorgeous.  I hung out on the deck and down by the bay with the kids that were there.  The kids were great...however their dad I had a slight issue with...but that is a different story.  We went to the beach hut for lunch then I took off around 3:15pm and hit some traffic getting home...but the 2 1/2 hour ride was well worth the relaxation I now feel.

I gained 3 pounds being away for 6 days :( so I will be trying my diet again.  I am still not working until next Tuesday :) and have something planned for tonight and tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Denise .... Im glad you having fun in the sun.... I miss you at work.... Keep enjoying yourself.... And no disrespect, you look good in your two piece suit. You look sexy, you don't need to lose more weight ... In my opinion... As a friend, ok... Damn what a burn, that has to hurt.... Well take care and enjoy..... See you soon..... Bye

    ReplyDelete