Friday, July 22, 2011

Plop

Today I felt like being a little spontaneous and accepted an invite to lunch from one of my co-workers since we get out a little early for summer Fridays.  We picked a place close by that he wanted to try that good great reviews for the chicken pot pie; I ordered the chicken panini which had avocado, bacon and cheddar cheese with a side of salad.  The panini was good after I pulled the lettuce off but he wasn't too keen on the chicken pot pie.  It was still early so we decide to grab a drink.  We had hoped to go to the Bryant Park Hotel for a drink, but they didn't open until 5pm so we ended up having a drink in the 98degree heat at Bryant Park.  I sweat quite a bit, but it wasn't unbearable.  We order a second drink this time in bottles since the tap beer wasn't so cold.  I had to use the public restroom, which I was surprised with how clean it was.  Anyways, so I go back to my drink and I start to feel my belly rumble, I also start to feel a little tipsy - perhaps because of being in the heat for about an hour.  I head over to Grand Central knowing I needed to use the restroom, but my train was in 5 minutes, and decided getting home sooner would be better.  Big mistake.  I get on the train and felt light headed and couldn't really read by book.  I start getting the goosebumps; you know what that means...an imminent need to poop.

I try to hold it in.  I close my eyes and it works the goosebumps pass. I am counting the minutes/train stops.  The ride seems to take forever.  Then the goosebumps would return.  I start to feel nauseous and worry that I won't make it home in time.  Three stops before my stop I run to the train bathroom - my second time EVER to use the train bathroom.  Thank goodness this was a relatively new train, so it was clean inside.  I barely unbutton my pants, get in position and PLOP.  It was super quick to come out and I was back in my seat before the next stop.  Thank goodness, I was worried it was going to be so bad that I'd miss my stop.  I leave the bathroom and wonder if the few passengers left would know I pooped...did the car now smell like shit?  At least I was fast so hopefully a little less obvious.  I get off and have to walk home knowing that I'd need a bathroom and wonder what would happen if I shit my pants?  I mean, sure I'd probably throw it away...but walking might be a little tough for that short time.  Unfortunately the pain and cramps didn't go away for a few hours.

I haven't felt a reaction like that from food in a while and I was not happy to relive that horrible feeling.  It brought back many years ago when that seemed to be a common occurrence and all I can think about is thank goodness I cook for myself a lot and not have to deal with that. 

Have you ever needed to use a train bathroom? 

No comments:

Post a Comment