Tuesday, July 12, 2011

One Year Stronger

It has been about one year since I've started seeing my life coach.  In anticipation for this month's meeting, I re-read most of my notebook and was happy to see a lot of personal improvement - feeling a lot better, not so depressed, etc.  I realized that being around miserable/angry people is taking a toll on me, and I understand why a past friend stopped being my friend out of nowhere three years ago, although I don't condone how she went about it.  I have been trying to find little things to keep me busy and doing things for myself which has helped my overall mood. 

However I also realized that I am having a lot of trouble with follow through - especially when it comes to this job thing.  I look and look, research and research...but I haven't done anything.  At first I was upset about this but I realized that I wasn't ready a few months ago to transition even though I need to.  I am more confident and happy now that I am sure that will show during any future interview.   So while that is something that time has worked out, I still struggle with WHAT I want to do.  I recently started thinking of a new career change and add that to the many others I've been thinking about plus the 'old standbys' (similar to what I do now) I just don't know how to choose.  If I go the new route I need to come up with a few thousand dollars to further my education in that specific area.  yeah, more loans  :(  

Another struggle is the hard time I have making new friends.  I am one of those people that might be quiet at first, while I feel out someone to decide if the person is someone I'd want to hang out with.  It takes me a while, longer than usual to make friends.  I haven't made a new friend since I joined my book club.  Unfortunately some of those friends have moved on with their lives and moved away or started families and it just hasn't worked out.  I am not worried about having more friends after I have children...but it would be great if I could find a single female friend or two. 

As for my 'love life' one of my areas of greatly needed improvement - well, you know it is non-existent.  Sure, I had a few experiences where I learned more about me and what I want out of a future partner.  I also went on some blind dates to help with the small talk - since I am so bad with that.  But I am not worried.  My time is approaching.  I am ready.  And I've been very patient with fate...it is my turn soon to get something good.

My health was another issue to tackle.  I recently lost about 10 pounds, and ideally I'd like to loose another 7.  I've managed to keep it off for five months.  I also lowered my blood pressure quite a bit.  I stopped checking it two times a day and more recently only check it every few weeks.  I should be better about that to make sure it doesn't get too high again.

The last thing that was in the initial assessment of my life last year was family.  I learned to distance myself a little - since I am the only single one & only one with out kids...it was hard for them to understand that at times I didn't want to do things with them especially if it focused around the kids...when it was no 'fun' for me.  Sure, I am their Aunt...and I did go to a bunch of things, but it is important to limit that kind of stuff right now.  I've looked, not many of my little kiddos have friends with single parents.  I had other issues as well...but I'd prefer to keep that to myself right now.  My family is great, I don't want you to get the wrong impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment