Sunday, July 17, 2011

My sister's vacation is my vacation

My sister is on vacation, somewhere on the beach.  Her house sits quiet and empty.  It is a beautiful and hot summer week so I decide to part-time vacation it up at her house.

Since my apartment does not have outdoor space, and I really LOVE being outside in nice weather, I head over to my sister's house to sit on her deck.  I brought my book, my laptop and even my bathing suit.  I was able to sit in the sun or the shade and take in all the fresh air and lovely breeze.  She also has one of those fake pools, another sister and her child came over one day and we all relaxed in the pool for a few hours while the sun beamed down; it was so refreshing.

I feel so much more relaxed after my stressful/sad week last week and I am only one mile away from home.  I don't sleep at my sister's, but I did take some food out of her freezer and pantry.  I'll leave some cash on the counter.

I should really look into house sitting for other people.  Think of how amazing it would be to be in a different environment all the time, while making sure the mail is brought in, there are no intruders, nothing leaks etc all while enjoying someone elses house.

No comments:

Post a Comment