Thursday, July 14, 2011

sexy wild bed-head

Today was the first day in about a month that I straighted my hair.  It was actually looking cute short with crazy curls.  Think something like sexy, wild bed-head - but with more intact curls.

What was the reason for the drastic change up?  And let me tell you it was 'drastic' to other people.  After wearing my straight short stylish hair for a few months in the office, one day I came in with crazy curls and people claimed to have to do a double take not sure if it was me from behind.  Someone forgot my hair was curly/wavy all together...like the last 3 years just vanished.

I was getting annoyed that not only did I have to wake up a little earlier to straighten my hair, but that when it is humid I would spend the time straightening my hair and 1) it would get wavy as soon as I left the apartment and 2) I would start sweating while standing in my underwear and bra in front of the mirror while straightening my hair.  Number 2 was the most problematic since I didn't mind a 'real' look to my straight/wavy hair.  I would have to stop half way through and wipe the sweat that was running down my belly.  When I was done, I felt dirty again...so I debated if I needed to shower or do a little sponge wipe down over my body.  When I'd do the wipe down, I still felt hot and dirty, but just hoped that if I smelt, it would have went away...then I'd add a spray of perfume.  When I would shower (or even re-shower if I showered before I straightened my hair) then I felt cleaner, but the moisture still got through the towel that I had to wrap tightly around my hair since I couldn't let it get wet because...then all that straightening would have been for nothing.

So much work, so I got 'lazy'.  Then because I had great reviews of the hair...I've kept at not really doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment