Friday, July 8, 2011

Horrible Bosses

Unfortunately the rain cancelled my plans to see a Shakespeare in the Park.  My friend and I decided to see  a movie - Horrible Bosses.  This hour and forty minute movie had some top name actors including Jason Bateman, Jennifer Aniston, Kevin Spacey and short appearances by Donald Sutherland, Jaime Fox and Colin Farrel.  There were a few new faces for me: Charlie Day and Jason Sudeikis.

The movie was so-so.  I mean, sure, I laughed more than a few times but the overall concept of the movie I wasn't really feeling.  I'll be honest, I didn't know what the movie was about before I saw it and now having just read the synopsis, I am not sure if it is a movie I'd see in a theater.  In fact, if you asked me for a recommendation, this wouldn't be on my list but I'd tell you to rent it from RedBox for a $1 in a few months.

So what is the movie about?  These three guys don't like their bosses and for whatever reason instead of even looking for a new job they decide that they'd rather see the bosses dead - thinking that their work life would greatly improve.  So take three guys that know nothing about murder, add three different personalities and then add in some senseless humor and take away common sense.

I was glad to laugh a little and it beat watching a play in the rain...but that is about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment