Wednesday, June 9, 2010

One small step for singles, one GIANT leap for Denise

I've been trying to find things to do that I would enjoy. I find some, but then I never go since I'd have to go alone. It's funny because there are things I can do alone & enjoy - like going to the movies, sightseeing, eating at a restaurant (well, only when traveling - I haven't eaten in a restaurant by myself near where I live/work or even gone to a bar alone) but when it comes down to it, I'd like to know someone there. I know this is so crazy.

There was this rope course I wanted to do, but no one was available. That seemed more like you do it with the people you brought, social. So I passed. I have been a member of this single site for months now and haven't attended an event. Recently I took a look at the schedule and there lots of great activities. My problem most of the time is the expense, since I am broke. But there was one there that was cheap and sounded great. A scavenger hunt through NYC in teams of 4. 20 people max & afterwards they hope you stay for drinks at a bar. There is still room, and I keep thinking about it. Sure, it would be great to meet new people & it sounds like a ton of fun. But what if the three people on my team all know each other? I'd be the total odd person out. Also, what if everyone is super old or a complete ---?

I know I need to get over my fears of these things. So I think I am going to do it. I try to log in. My username and/or password are incorrect. I try my other password. Still not working. I log into my 'junk' email account. look it up. It works. I go to purchase, my debit card will not go through. Hmm, maybe I mis-typed a number. I try again. Still did not go through. I didn't want to have to put it on the credit card, but I try that, and it works. I was getting to the point where I was thinking it was a sign I shouldn't do it.

June 27th, here I come to going completely out of my comfort zone. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it!!
    Trust me, getting used to doing things alone is hard. Try moving to the other side of the country. Its all about self-confidence. Its hard, but the first time is always the hardest. It gets easier and easier after that!! :)

    ReplyDelete