Sunday, January 5, 2014

starting the year off on a better note

What is the most extreme thing you've done for New Years?

I hate the holiday.  Perhaps it stems from when I dated SI, and he'd leave me alone and crying so he can go be with his mistress...and all the New Year's after that more or less sucked because I was alone on a night that is known for kissing at midnight.  So I'd go to a matinee, order Chinese food, work on a puzzle and go to bed by 10 pm.

Then I spent 2012 and 2013 with ManFriend, so I wasn't alone, and I did kiss someone at midnight.

This year I decided to fly out to see Mountain Man.  I have no idea what is going on with 'us'.  Sure we email and text 6 of 7 days and we've had some virtual dates...but is anything there?  I hoped to find out.

New Year's eve was a long day.  I woke up really early, worked 1/2 a day then spent about 10 hours traveling.  Instead of watching the ball drop, we watched a movie cuddled on the couch, I did make it to midnight in the new time zone and we wished each other a happy new year after the movie was over.


No comments:

Post a Comment