Monday, June 6, 2011

The itsy bitsy spider

For my trip, I wake up at 4am to get to the airport by 5.  I didn't sleep well, wondering if I packed everything I needed, and hoping that my alarm would go off at 3:55am.  I use the airport bathroom, still half groggy and I see a spider dangling from my butt.  I freak out, because well, I have a huge fear of spiders...or any bug really, but to see a spider ON you.  I controlled myself and didn't scream since I didn't want airport security to think I was being murdered in the ladies room so I start flapping my arms trying to get spider off of me, but I don't see where it goes.  Finally I must leave the restroom to board the plane unsure of what to do. 

Since I was half sleepy still I kept thinking on the plane all the most unrealistic scenarios, such as a colony of spiders living in my body.  Or something similar to an older episode of Fringe where bugs come out of your every pore or break through the skin and then you die.  

The rest of the day I spent extra time trying to make sure I didn't have bugs on me.  I haven't seen it since, but since I need proof, I don't know for sure it isn't lingering somewhere on me. 

I am not a 'dirty' person.  I mean sure, I didn't shower at 4am, but I keep my apartment and my body tidy.  This seriously freaked me out and is somewhat embarrassing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment