Friday, June 10, 2011

Becoming a Starbucks Groupie

While visiting my friend in Oregon, I had some free time in town while she worked.  In these two days, I became a Starbucks girl.  This should be a shock to you since 1) I don't drink coffee (or any caffeine) and 2) I never really 'got it' the interest in sitting in a place on a computer or reading a book for extended periods of time.  Why does one need to do this?  I am more comfortable at home, in my own place.  I can run into these establishments to get a drink or to catch up with a friend. In fact I meet my life coach in a Starbucks - and I leave there every time smelling like coffee.

But now I get 'it'.   Not being from the area, and not having room in my suitcase to shop and buy items from town...I needed a place to go and just kill time.  I borrowed her laptop, bought a Vent drink for $3.15- and sat there for at least two hours.  I got my monies worth of time.  I could have stayed longer but what to do when you have to use the restroom after drinking so much and when you are alone? If I am going to pack up all my stuff...I don't want to have to sit back down.  And being from a city...I don't trust people enough to leave my valuables behind for 5 minutes.  My intentions the first day was just to catch up with some personal email and maybe write a blog since all those 'truth' ones get boring.  But the second day I wanted to do a little job searching.  Unfortunately, I kept getting sidetracked and worked another blog or two, but I did do some looking around.

I still feel a little out of place, and a little guilty about taking up space, but since it isn't overly packed and no one new needs my seat...it isn't so bad.  I am definitely not going to be making a habit of this, but it works for what I need it to.  Now if only I can find a few more drinks I like besides the hot chocolate (which probably does have caffeine) and the Passion Fruit Iced Tea Unsweetened...I'd be all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment