Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Snooze time

I am an early bird.  Or at least I was.  I never had a problem rising, and I am not grouchy when I wake.  When I was living with SI at one point, we did keep our alarm clock on the other side of the room, so we would HAVE to get up to turn it off...but that was more for him than for me.  I rarely, if ever hit snooze.

Two weeks ago, I started setting my alarm clock just 30 minutes earlier to 5:30am.  I had hoped that rising thirty minutes earlier would allow me time to do my '17 minute workout' which is part of that diet I am attempted.  So in the last 10 days, I actually got up only 4 times.  The rest of the days, I hit snooze.  So, I am left wondering why?  Is it because I really am tired, that I have been going to bed too late (and by late I mean after 10pm, not in the wee hours of the morning)?  Is it because I just really hate exercising?  Is it because thirty minutes makes a big difference in rising time? Is it because I am starting to hate my job?  Or is it because it isn't really light outside yet? 

I never fall back in a deep sleep in those thirty minutes.  I just stay in bed with my eyes closed thinking of my dreams or staying warm.  I know I should just get up instead of giving myself the choice.  Since I don't really fall back to sleep, that time is now wasted.  Once 5:58 - 6:00 comes - I hop right out of bed, no problems.

Do you snooze?

4 comments:

  1. I hit snooze at least once, usually two or three times. And I always fall back into a dead sleep in between the 10 minutes it snoozes before going off again. Yesterday, the second time my alarm went off, I was like, "Wait, did I dream it went off already or did it really?" because I seriously felt like I was being woken from a coma haha.

    Anyway, morning person, I am not. Today, I slept until 11 & got 12 hours of sleep. Granted I woke up with a migraine at 8 and went back to bed, but I LOVE to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a morning person, which is a problem seeing as I start work at 5.30am.
    I always set my alarm early then hit snooze several times before I finally drag myself out of bed.
    I can honestly say, for me geting up for work is misery...I can never get enough sleep:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to all those things you listed. Yes not having light sucks. Yes exercise sucks. Yes you hate your job. I've never been successful at getting up early to exercise.

    Good luck to you! Once you do it for 2 weeks, it gets easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hattttte snooze! My roomate for 3 years in college was a snoozer...and it drove me crazy :)

    ReplyDelete