Friday, February 4, 2011

I am a sheep

Chinese New Year was yesterday, so it seems appropriate to write a little something about the Chinese Horoscope.

Back in December my co-worker and I were looking into the Chinese Gender Prediction Chart, which led us to our Chinese Horoscope.  I am a Sheep (or lamb depending on the site).

I was not to surprised with how accurate some of the information is; they have been doing this for hundreds of years.  My only questions I guess is that growing up, most of my friends were in the same sign as me - but yet we were all so different.  I know that based on the astronomical signs, your persona changes too...but considering this is a blanket information for my year - it really fits me perfectly.

"Sheep simply want a bit of peace.  They enjoy carrying on with life in their own quiet, individual way, content to be in the middle of it all rather than leading it.  Sheep are quiet and calm people. They enjoy cultural things and focus much of their energy on artistic hobbies.  Sheep are easygoing and relaxed, happy to be going with the flow." [I have been told by a few people that they love how relaxed and easy going I am - and I don't even realize it most of the time]

"Sheep are nurturers.  They enjoy taking care of other people.  Their personalities are quiet, reserved and soothing." [yes, that is me to a T.]

"An Earth element gives the Sheep a grounded effect. Although he struggles with a lack of self-confidence, this Sheep is a very stable person.  They are independent and practical, leaning more towards conservancy than liberality. An Earth Sheep's family is his most important assets and he spends his life working hard to provide for his loved ones."

"Sheep truly enjoy being at home.  They spend their time there doing arts & crafts, cooking & knitting.  Sheep are most comfortable on their couches in the privacy of their homes, relaxed and tranquil." [Oh good, it isn't me just being lazy, I was born to like staying at home]

"As Sheep find safety in numbers, they also like to travel with other people.  Sheep enjoy guided tours of artistic places like museums, gardens or theaters.  They are also drawn to water and thus enjoy vacationing at the beach on on a cruise." [Absolutely, I love to travel, but finding someone to go with me is hard.  Sometimes I don't go anywhere just because I like to have company]

"Sheep make great hosts...They like throwing parties, but do not want to be in the spotlight the whole time.  They are sociable creatures, but they must really get to know you and the territory before engaging in any sort of committed situation....becoming a close friend of the Sheep is a taxing process and many do not have the patience to wait. Consequently, the Sheep has many acquaintances and few really good friends." [This couldn't be more true]
          Best Friends:  Rabbits and Pigs
          Mortal Enemy: Oxen

"Sheep are natural caregivers....They expect their children to use their manners and to be polite and respectful of others.  Sheep generally have long lasting, healthy relationships with their own parents.  They often settle down close to where they grew up or close to their own parents.  Often, Sheep move elderly parents into their own homes to care and nurture them back to health." [My parents always said I would be the one they chose to live with over my other sisters when the time came, and of course I agreed]

"Some parents immediately click with their children and others find they never will...[I worry about this often, so it was funny to see this on here.  Looking through the compatibility ratings, the following are when I should have a child] ***easy bonding   ****on the same wavelength
2011: Rabbit***
2012: Dragon***
2013: Snake***
2014: Horse****
2015: Sheep***
2018: Dog***
2019: Pig****

"Sheep do not like being alone.  They are very family oriented people.  If you do not like children or big families, Sheep are not right for you.  Sheep will give themselves entirely to the right person and will do everything they can to maintain a stable, loving, happy relationship. [I know this is true based on my last relationship]          

"Even though Sheep can be clingy and self deprecating, they are loving creatures who make great romantic partners.  They are compassionate and kind, genuine and affectionate.  A Sheep needs a partner who will be supportive and attentive and who help him develop his self-confidence.

Best Partners: *dispute  **keep working at it   ***intense sexual attraction  ****angelic
Rat:  Sometimes tough, but keep at it. *
Ox: may be physically attracted but that is it.  *
Tiger: both walk on too many eggshells to maintain a stable partnership **
Rabbit: mutual respect, understanding, points of view.  Heavenly match. ****
Dragon: Sexually attracted but not mentally or intellectually. ** [cop#1: wow, how accurate is that??!?!]
Snake: Great friends and even better lovers *** [SI: we were very compatible where it mattered]
Horse: Love at first sight becomes so much more  ****
Sheep: You understand each other perfectly ***
Monkey:  **
Rooster: A lot to overcome, may want to reconsider *
Dog: A tiring union *
Pig: make great companions ***

What is your chinese horoscope sign? Do you think it is accurate?
Information from http://www.usbridalguide.com/special/chinesehoroscopes/Sheep.htm

1 comment:

  1. a lot of the things we're fairly accurate. Some, however, were not. But, great post. I enjoyed it and the link.

    ReplyDelete