Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Have bag...waiting to travel

Today has not been a productive day at work.  For some reason I am just not feeling 'working' today.  So I sit at my desk and think about my upcoming (work) trip to Chicago that has lots of free time for me! But then I started thinking...I want to go somewhere else, a vacation.  So I started looking into places to go and prices.  But then I face the same problem....do I really want to go somewhere alone?  Some trips are tours - which would be good.  I'd hope they set you up with a roommate instead of paying a single supplement.

But then I found some other great deals, one to Venice and Tuscany for a week included air and hotel and a rental car...the price was fantastic, but it was for 4 people.  How awesome would that be? It would be like what i see in the movies...2 couples or 4 friends taking a trip together.  I'd love it.   Similarly they had the same type of deal for Costa Rica but that was for only 2 people. 

Looking for a vacation went from exciting to dreadful because I do not have people to vacation with  :(  and it dawned on me I need more friends.  Well, actually that isn't a new revelation  - I have known that for a while.  I have a few good friends...but they are all married with kids...and they would not want to take a trip with me when they can do it with their own families.  I have road tripped twice with McGriddle Pants, which has always been fun - but she has a life too and other friends. 

Does anyone know of groups of 'NORMAL' people that go on vacations?  Oh, and the kicker is of course that I don't have several thousands of dollars to vacation with...so many trips are automatically eliminated due to price.

Man? Where are you? I am ready to start vacationing with you!  New friend...are you out there?  My bags are packed and ready to go.

3 comments:

  1. Mc Griddle Pants would LOVVVVVVVVE to go on another vacation... but the unemployment thing is catching up to her.

    Maybe soon!! Job interview Thursday, more money on the horizon. YESSS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you read Rosh's blog? She's the one I went to NYC with and she awesome and lovely and a great travel partner!!! We should all do a trip together sometime!

    And just like that, you have a group of 4. McGriddle Pants, you, Rosh, & me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally feel this post!!! I am right there with you!

    ReplyDelete