Thursday, February 3, 2011

Plenty of what?

My blind date, cop#4 messages me the other day and asks if I'd like to have dinner with him.  My response, "dinner sounds good. Busy week, I am only free this Friday or any day next week except Wednesday".  To which he responds that he will get back to me regarding his schedule.  Now it is 3 days later, no response (not that I really care) and I started booking up my nights.

But I was sitting at home thinking, I am not remotely attracted to this guy, as nice as he might be.  Do I just start dating him because we were set up? no.  Do I keep seeing him hoping he will grow on me? Maybe, it has happened before.  But if I am going to start dating again...I had hoped it would bring me better suited men.  Granted, it has only been ONE date, but have you read about my last 2 years? Exactly.  So...if I am going to date a not-good looking guy with a really difficult schedule, why can't I find someone else? 

Against my previous statements that I gave up online dating because it hasn't really been a good fit for me - I decided on Tuesday night to sign up for http://www.plentyoffish.com/.  It is a free site, so it does worry me the people on there, but I figured, it can't be that much worse than being set up on a blind date with someone that isn't attractive.  AND my goal is to have at least a date a month AND it doesn't cost me anything.

I put up three pictures (all which are on this site somewhere) of me and wrote a very brief intro since guys don't like to read.  And I know this because of things from the past...but also in the last two days people will email me - and I am not prejudice when it comes to equality, but I want to date a white guy.  And, so many non-whites are messaging me.  People out of my age range, etc.  I got to the point where I am not even going to respond to those people, that is too much work. 

I did get one email - from the best looking guy to date - soliciting me for sex.  I know I told you I would like to start having sex somewhat regularly again...but I am really not the type of person to just meet someone for that purpose (which it also says in my profile).  But the guy & I email briefly yesterday, and it is kinda funny...so I'll keep it in the back on my mind.  He is only 26. 

Am I willing to meet up with anyone?  I don't know yet, but I will be sure to keep you updated.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I found that all the free dating websites are basically for sex.

    Its kind of a nice screening process to make people pay to sign up. A small road block, which makes dudes who are in it for a hookup, have to think twice.

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete