Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm Mine

Agh, the dreaded Valentine's Day is upon us yet again.  For the single person, this holiday rates in the top worst three holidays of the year, perhaps as #1 for many. 

This will be year number 2 that I will not get flowers on this day.  Hmm, Denise, why is that if you have been single for 4+ years now - the math doesn't add up?  Well, let me tell you followers, that for 3 years after SI and I broke up, he still sent me flowers...because he 'loved me and we will be together soon' or something to that effect.  One year I actually threw them right into the garbage.  That psychological torture finally ended last year and it was the first year I did not get flowers.  At first I was a little saddened by it, but then I realized that it was a good thing.

Yesterday I was out buying lots of gifts for babies/friends/birthdays that when I stopped in the grocery store, I picked up these:
I love flowers. It was one of the things I loved getting for no reason.  So I decided this year I would not go without flowers on Valentine's day.  These happy flowers started cheering me up yesterday and this morning when I saw them sitting on my counter.  Every once in a while you need to do something for you.  So, I urge all those single ladies out there to buy a few flowers and brighten up your place. I guarantee they will make you smile. 

Remember to take a few moments today to tell yourself some of your amazing qualities and reasons why you love being you.  You don't need anyone else - and ONE day of love is not a true representative of the love you have the rest of the year.

OK - side note.  It is 8:40am and I got a text from Cop#4 wishing me a Happy Valentine's Day...do people do that?  I mean, we had ONE date.  Is it like Thanksgiving when people just go around telling that to everyone? 

For those of you in relationships or have kids...I hope you enjoy this holiday with your loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment