Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Catch me a match!

Last July I blogged about match making and how it would be a great thing to try...but it is so expensive.  Guys are pre-screened, so I have a better chance of finding a guy that won't try to rape or kill me the first night I meet them and since you have to pay more money for this service...you might meet people that actually want a relationship and the dates would be way better than something you just blog about the next day.

My local magazine does something like Groupon.  You know how addicted I am to that, a deal a day? What could be better?  Well, my magazine had one on Valentine's Day for a local match making service.  The deal was 40% off the registration fee then there is a monthly fee that remains the same.  Right away I started to look at the company website, but it was so non-professional and amateurish.  But I decided to buy it anyway.  Since they are new and probably don't have a huge selection of clients, the fees range from $100 - $500 per month (I am going with the $100) and you must commit to at least three months.  I figured at least someone will be helping me and it is WAY less than most other ones.

I will keep you all posted on what this experience is like.  But please cross your fingers or say a prayer for me that I will meet a guy that is: somewhat attractive, nice, supportive, interesting, educated, has brown hair, family goals, OK with me being a stay at home wife, loyal and doesn't have/want pets - oh and a decent size pecker and is a good kisser.

For those that are somewhat local to me (and there are a few of you lurkers out there) you can get in on the action too.  The website is http://www.catchmeamatch.com/

2 comments:

  1. I love that you're taking a chance! I hope, at the very least, you meet some really great guys-- but hopefully something long term comes out of it! I'd kill to join the millionaires club- the one that's on bravo "millionaire matchmaker". And no, you don't have to be a millionaire to join. I'm pretty sure there's an office in NYC, you should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had better lucjk than I did. They are so new that they had NO guys for me yet could not admit it.I met with one of the ladies and was so excited after the meeting as I felt that she listened to me and would find me the perfect match. I figured after all the money I spent on internet dating this would be great.She told me that she and her colleague are both married and atteend many events and meet people through their husband's careers and professional organizations. I emailed her a thank you note after forking over $300 and she didn't reply- very bad business manner. Finally they sent me two "matches". Both guys, I learned were men they did not even know. The matchmakers had no one for me so they attended some saturday night meetups in new jersey and just found some lonely regulars. So basically, I paid $300 for two women to drive to nj, to attend a lonely singles bash for free and give my info to whoever was there. Now I see why the matchmaking services in NYC are more money, and have a higher success rate. I am a single parent in westchester- I have a very demanding job in nyc and they just took my money rathewr than admitting they had no men suitable for me. When I emailed them expressing my concerns, they never replied- hopefully they are spending my hard earned momney well, as I struggle to pay my bills!
    I hope you had a better experience with catrchmeamatch!

    ReplyDelete