Thursday, November 6, 2014

sleeping on air mattress

I haven’t slept on an air mattress in about eight years and ended up sleeping on an air mattress for about a year or year and a half.  It was hard to adjust, but eventually I did.  I am having the same ‘problem’ now.  I bought this air mattress from a girl who was moving knowing I’d probably need a bed to sleep on if I wasn’t renting a furnished bedroom.  The air mattress is queen sized and is higher up off the ground then the one I slept on years ago.  I went out and purchased some beige 650 thread count sheets from Ross for Less for $16.95 plus tax, a pillow and king size down alternative comforter from Kohl’s with a 30% coupon to total about $70.  I started to price duvet covers, but they are just too expensive for me to justify right now.  Maybe around Thanksgiving when everything starts going on sale I will be able to buy something.  I wasn’t sure if I should keep the king size comforter for a queen size bed, so I didn’t open it right away. 

My first night I was freezing.  The air in the mattress really cooled me.  I had the microfiber sheets and a small fleece throw blanket on the bed.  Night two I raised the heat just 3 degrees and I was less cold.  But night three was going to get below 30 degrees…so I had to do something.  My friend lent me a really old mattress pad and blanket.  I put the mattress pad on under the sheets hoping it would get that extra chill off me.


No comments:

Post a Comment