Thursday, July 31, 2014

the hardest part of all

After the garage sale, my sister decided to stay over so we tried to have a sister night.  Usually for a sister night we'd play a game and talk, we haven't had one of those in years...as it is so hard to find a time when all of us are free and in the same area.  Unfortunately, one couldn't make it this time.  So, my two sisters and I talked for hours laying on my bed. I felt like we were little kids gossiping before bedtime.  We talked about the impending birth of another baby,our parents, tv shows, my move, and both their moves...yeah, that is right, my family is going through major transitions this year!

It was such a wonderful night. I was upset when my eyes started to get heavy and I worried I'd fall asleep and miss the conversation.  We finally had to wrap it up a little after midnight because it was such a long day and none of us stay up that late anymore.

Moving away from my sisters and my parents is going to be the hardest thing for me emotionally.  I've been lucky enough to live within two miles of two sisters and an hour away from the other...and now it is going to be a plane ride away.  Living so close has allowed me to stop over for dinner, spontaneously run errands with one of them, go to their children's games/shows/etc.  I am going to miss them all so much, but I know this is what I need to do, and it will be worth the physical distance I am putting between us.  I'll have to learn to skype or facetime or whatever since (some) of the kids are old enough for phones and iPads and we'll be able to stay connected, which I will desperately need.

No comments:

Post a Comment