Thursday, July 17, 2014

the sorting begins

What an exhausting weekend.  I am all out of the apartment, I cleaned it and brought everything to my temporary living quarters.  Then it became overwhelming.  Where to start?  I decided to break it down into smaller bits.  I started with bathroom beauty, so I found all my boxes and bags with that stuff, removed things I wouldn't use and the consolidated into its final boxes for moving.

Next up was clothes.  I went through about 75% of my clothing and sorted through items I would sell or donate and have more than two heaping Ikea bags (with more to come).  Then I took winter clothing and put them into those vacuum bags - to be sealed another time. I still have way too many clothes, but the rest I'll try on and then donate or keep as needed.

Finally, I found books and movies and put those into two piles, one for me, one to sell/donate.

Next was kitchen...I have way too many kitchen items.  Plates, servers, utensils, gadgets, you name it, I probably have it...but then again, I love cooking and baking and use most of this stuff, so it is hard to part with any of it.

The next few weeks will be more sorting.  I have about 6 weeks left (minus 10 days business + pleasure trip).  If I keep up this pace, I will be really happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment