Thursday, September 29, 2011

Interruptions & Apologies

Did you catch How I Met Your Mother on Monday? (Ducky Tie)  I don't think I need to remind you that I love that show - perhaps because they touch on subjects that are all too familiar to me.

This past week, two things caught my attention.  The first is a horrible thing my family has gotten into since the arrival of all the kids...that it takes hours to finish one conversation.  The story Ted was telling the gang about Victoria was spread out over three different locations...and was constantly being interrupted but then they went back to it.   My family does this a lot...and unfortunately, it has been rubbing off on me even without them.  I can be talking about one thing, need to stop to say something, and then go back to what I was saying before; if I remember.  I know this has become annoying -especially to me, so I have been trying to work on that.

The second thing was the reconnection of Ted & Victoria.  They see each other after 6 years and they have that connection still...and then she says she is engaged...to the guy from Germany, who she started seeing only 1.5 days after Ted & her broke up.  Granted Ted cheated on her with Robin, but he never stopped feeling guilty about it.  Ted says "I spent the last 6 years feeling like I betrayed you...but you know what?  ....  I would never forget it or never stop regretting it because what we had meant that much to me, I wish it meant that much to you too."  Victoria claims that she loved Ted but that she had to see Ted again to know that the other guy was the right thing. 

I want that.  I want SI to reach out just when I am finally happy...and to tell me, seriously - with meaning...that he loved me and regretted his decisions.  That not a day goes by that he doesn't think of me for just a moment and/or to think about how his decisions affected a lot more people than just himself.  I doubt that will ever happen because I am not sure if he has or is capable of feelings, and I doubt that he would ever go out of his way to reconnect with me (more importantly when the time mattered to me - when I am happier than he is.  He'll know when that is; fate is funny like that). 

No comments:

Post a Comment