Thursday, September 8, 2011

Denise vs a new phone

It isn't a secret that I am not tech savvy.  I used to rely on past bf to take care of my computer issues, cell phone, printers, camera, TVs, etc.  I always appreciated his help in those areas because it is something I don't tend to grasp - but then I can't be good at everything right?  And what better thing to rely on a guy for? Guys need to feel needed.

Now that I don't have a guy in my life...I am stuck doing all this by myself and it isn't easy.  I have three printers at home that I can't seem to get to connect to my laptop...well 2, I haven't actually tried the third one yet.  I take pictures with my camera on auto - and don't know how to photoshop them to make them better (maybe one day I'll learn), add to that that my microwave's been dead 18 months and my ice maker still has a leak in it...I am quite helpless in those areas.   I recently got a new phone; it still isn't fancy - I haven't converted to a smart phone yet - I mean, do I need to waste my money and time playing with those apps when I could be reading or studying photoshop?  But they don't really make nice simple phones anymore, so I got a half touch screen with a slide out keyboard.  I've only been playing with it for a little while, but it's hard.  The touch screen is weird, I can't figure out how get into my voicemail (with a password - so I want to get in and get rid of the password, not like I get steamy messages anyway or have something to hide), and sending a text seems difficult. Time will make me a pro...I know.

When I get home later, I will read the manual.  I tend to do that. Call me a geek if you must, but I think it is important to read those things so you know how to use it and what it is capable of.  When I am asking for help later, I don't want to look like a complete idiot so that general information will come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment