Wednesday, September 21, 2011

hot pink

In the sea of commuter neutrals, I am walking to work in a hot pink fleece.

Funny thing about that?  I was never a pink person.  One of the first times I wore pink was when I participated in a breast cancer walk 4 years ago.  The realization that morning when I was trying to select something pink was astonishment that I only had ONE pink item...a short sleeve polo shirt that SI's parents gave to me one Christmas (with a bunch of other stuff). 


In the last two years I decided I wanted to expand my wardrobe colors...so it wasn't all black, purple, maroon and brown.   Little by little I started to add colors.  Green, blue, gold, red, white and a little pink.  I have about 5 tops that are bright pink...and I have to say, I actually like them.  Maybe not so much the color itself, but I like the way my dark hair goes with it; I feel like it looks a little more eye-popping than a basic color.

Over the summer Underarmour was having a sale and since I hope my fh is a little 'active' in the outdoors, I picked up two tank tops, one leggings, and three fleeces.  The half zip fleece is a nice purple, and the full zip fleece is hot pink (they call it something else).  It is great for this time of year when it is a little chilly and you are still wearing short sleeves.  In fact, it works so well, I get a little hot with it on.

So on my third day of walking to work wearing this fleece, I am stuck wondering...why am I so different from all the other commuters?  Do I want to stand out?  After all, I am a Leo...so standing out could be a possibility.  People notice different - and maybe deep down in my subconscious, I want to be seen and even approached by a decent looking guy.   I am not saying this hot pink fleece will lead me to my fh...but one can dream right?

No comments:

Post a Comment