Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sassy Water

In the beginning of the year I read the Flat Belly Diet, written by the editor of Prevention Magazine. NO, I did not end up following it, but I did try the Sassy Water (supposed to drink the recipe in one day).

I was never a huge water drinker, but about 7 years ago, I went off caffeine. I love de-caf iced tea (Crystal lite) and started to drink a lot of water, even if it was boring. However, I liked my water without lemon. At restaurants I would either quickly grab my lemon and throw it aside or ask them not to put it on the rim of the glass at all because sometimes I couldn't even drink it with that taste. However, the Sassy Water was surprisingly refreshing.

To make Sassy Water:
2 liters of water
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 cucumber peeled and thinly sliced
1 lemon thinly sliced
2 spearmint leaves

I have made this without ginger (the first time when I didn't have any) and with out mint (yesterday when I wasn't even thinking about making water) and both ways taste fine. I think it is the cucumber I like that is addicting and refreshing, which is surprising, because I am not a big cucumber fan either.

Give it a shot. Especially in the summer it is a nice other thing to drink.

1 comment: