Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pomegranates

I was at dinner with a three ladies from my book club last year and we were talking about fruits.  One lady grew up in India and was talking about pomegranates.  The three American women never had one and I didn't know what it looked like.  Sure it was the in 'super food', but I knew nothing about it, and was happy that my other two friends didn't either.  Our friend got up and went to the kitchen and brought one to show us and then let us help peel it to get those seeds out.  We each popped a few out and then got to taste it.  I thought it was juicy but crunchy.  Not bad, but I haven't had it since.

Source
 While at the grocery store on Sunday I picked up a pomegranate on the whim.  I figured I should try it again.  So last night I watched some CBS and picked apart my pomegranate and put in a bowl.  Then I realized...I wasn't sure how else I can eat it, or if it is only for eating the seeds. How many servings is a pomegranate? 

I am a bit busy at work today, so I haven't had time to do 'research' - so, if you eat pomegranates...let me know how you eat them.  Have you mixed them in muffins?  Do you make a juice? 

3 comments:

  1. I love the juice, but it's a little thick. You have to mix it with something (alcohol perhaps?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dear.well,you can eat it without doing anything or you can make juice.we even use it when making salads!but you can do fruit salad coz its easier,not complicated.and you can find more things from blogs about cooking.bon appetit!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOOOOOOOVE them! Add the seeds to a salad, or just eat them as a snack. YUM!!

    ReplyDelete