Saturday, January 15, 2011

My children will be fat

Yup, that is right, I am predicting my children (if I have any) will end up fat.  I know that seems crazy - but I just read in Prevention Magazine (a GREAT little publication) that because I am addicted to carbs my kid will be fat.  Check out the article - page 35 of the February 2010 edition.

What babies are fed in the womb is the 'problem'.  See, women supply their babies with the nutrients..  So, The higher the women's blood sugar then the more glucose that the baby gets. Therefor, the child develops more insulin cells.  So because of this, the baby will be born with more fat and as baby gets older it will over secrete insulin.

My mom is a little overweight, my grandmother and all her 9 sisters are overweight and diabetic.  Over the last 6 years, I have not been able to maintain the weight I would like to be.   And of course it gets harder as you get older. 

Sorry future kids. I will try my best to eat well when/if I am pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment