Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My first date in almost a year

In September I asked my friends to be set up.  If anyone set me up on a date, I'd give them a gift card or something.  One friend attempted, but a date never happened. Then in December I get a text from Cop #1 he has a man for me.  Hmm I wonder, did he clone himself?  No of course not.  So I say sure give the kid my number.   A little over a month later the guy finally texts me and I met him last night.  It was truly a blind date since we texted just details of a meeting location.  I didn't ask Cop #1 any details because sometimes I wonder how accurate that information is.

Blind dates are hard.  Well, any kind of dates are hard. I really hate the first 5 dates.  But before we get to that...lets go back to the first blind  date. 

How to find the other person?  Well, luckily for me, I chose a bar that was quite empty and there were no individual men their when I got there so I went to the bar and ordered a drink.  Eventually someone came in and well, wouldn't you know, I was the only female sitting alone - it happened to be easy last night.  Cop #1 didn't tell my date, let's call him Cop #4 for now, how he knew me.  But I was very curious what Cop #1 thought I would like in a guy, considering I am so attracted to him.  I have to be honest, I was a little disappointed.  I mean, sure, single guys are hard to come by, especially ones that are slightly attractive.  This guy wasn't hideous or anything, but it wasn't like an instant attraction (on my part anyway).  I spent a lot of time looking at his face...trying to see if it is something I could 'live' with. Yeah yeah, looks aren't everything. I know that. I am not looking for a Ken doll.  But there has to be some element of attraction because he sure isn't rich enough to fall for his money!  haha. Oh that was bad. 

We talk a lot about work and a little about other things.  I honestly never thought I could date/marry a cop. (funny though that he made #4)  The hours are tough, the job could be dangerous, and statistically cops cheat on their significant other.

The bar was closing early for a private party, so we called it a night after an hour and a half.  Granted there were about 10 other bars next door we could have kept going.  So we depart and he hugs/kisses my cheek and asks me to go out another time.  I said sure...not sure if  I was being polite or that maybe a second time would be good just to get more information about him.  He even texted me to make sure I got home OK.

I consider myself to be an average person.  My face is OK, my body needs work.  So I feel sometimes that I can't get a more attractive guy because of my body.  But the guys I go out with all think I am really pretty or are surprised that I am better looking then they thought I would be.  Sure, I am flattered, but I am not attracted to them. 

Aggh. Who knows what will happen.  So Cop #1 will get some sort of Thank You.  And I met my goal for January for having one date.  Now to start worrying about where to find Mr. February.

2 comments:

  1. I admire you Denise,I've never had the bottle to turn up for a blind date!
    Are you gonna give the guy another chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blind dates. You can be completely honest and never worry about running into the person again if it doesn't go over well. Sure it's a bit nerve wracking, but that's another element of the fun as long as you're not overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete