Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Reply All...

I received an email this morning that just kinda pissed me off.  My family has been going back and forth trying to set up a weekend getaway to visit friends.  But today, the email was a reply all.  There was no need for a reply all email and that for some reason, infuriated me today.  Not all emails need to be sent to anyone that could be involved.  And don't boss me around in an email like you are superior to me with everyone else reading it.  The email did nothing for me. It was irrelevant, and we spoke about it on Friday so I already knew what you were doing...so why bother with the email?????

Sure, it is no big deal. But I get reply emails a lot at work and for whatever reason, they bother me.  Most of the time (98%) I do not need to be sent that email.  98% of the time, it goes straight into my trash.  I understand emails are more casual, which is fine, I like email.  But with all these people out there - they are making me like email less because they are not adhering to the unwritten rules. One unwritten rule: DO NOT CLUTTER MY INBOX!  Sure, I was able to get rid of all those stupid forwards people send me...but these ridiculous reply all emails get to me.  Last week a FB friend messaged friends saying I lost your phone number and email, reply back with it...I didn't bother, I was actually happy she lost my contact information, but for a week, I was getting notified on all these random people I do not knows email and phone numbers.  Are people really that stupid?

No comments:

Post a Comment