Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Boston Fun

I haven't been to Boston since I was 15 or so, so when my sister told me they had an extra ticket to the Boston Red Sox game, I cancelled my plans (WHICH I HATE) and tagged along.  We got to Fenway Park at 5 to see the hitting practice of the Toronto Blue Jays where we stood past first base.  Then we made our way up to our seats - which were high up but actually very decent for viewing.

I enjoyed the game, but I have to say that I don't really think I am a sports person.  The game was enjoyable, but I felt like we were there forever.  In our section there was a guy that looked like Fabio/Kid Rock that kept trying to get a wave started.  After about 40 minutes, he succeeded and the wave went around the whole stadium three and a half times. I was happy for him, although I think he probably goes to all the games and that is his goal at every game.

Also, there was another entertaining bunch just a few rows in front of us...that was at parts, more entertaining then the show.  They were rooting for Toronto, which I have no problem with, but apparently the drunk guy was bothering other fans.  This guy was dancing and took off his shirt, and was just all around having a good time.  Some future brides starting getting their pictures taken with him.

The next day, we took a duck tour through Boston.  This was actually quite an enjoyable 2 hours.  I learned a litlte history of the city and enjoyed the sites and beautiful day.   


1 comment:

  1. and never called your favorite Bostonian while there :) just kidding, i know you were very busy. Boston is a wonderful city.. i do love Boston

    pam

    ReplyDelete