Monday, February 23, 2015

Second week of work recap

This was really like my first week.  I was on my own in this new job.

Everyone didn't want to overwhelm me, so the first three days I spent 90% of my time cleaning.  I cleaned and sanitized everything in/on my desk.  I moved bookcases and books.  I changed the bathroom from a storage closet to a bathroom.  I threw away about 60 empty boxes/lids, a desk for a kid, an AV cart that could barely stand up on its own.  The previous lady, as sweet as she is, was a hoarder.  There were empty bags everywhere in addition to empty rolls of tape, yeah, just the plastic part.  I threw away and recycled bins and bins worth of stuff.  She must have had 30 clipboards.

But I also made a mess.  I didn't understand her method of work, and so I just piled papers on top of papers.  It is going to take weeks to look through and understand some of this stuff.

Friday's will always be the busiest day with people coming in and out, so that will be nice.

The commute still sucked, one day when we had some bad weather, it took me one hour and 45 minutes to get to work.  Usually it is about 40 minutes in the morning and 50-60 in the evening.  I've been practicing different routes, but so far haven't found a road less traveled.

Looking forward to keeping busy, not only with the everyday work...but with the several other projects that need to be started.

No comments:

Post a Comment