Friday, February 20, 2015

first week at job recap

My first week of work went well.  It was a lot to take in between learning a little the company as well as trying to think in my head how to make it more....clean/organized.  Since I was by the side of the lady retiring, my first week wasn't really MY first week.

Retired lady was really sweet.  We went out for a really nice dinner and had a long chat about her career there and her hopes for retirement.  She just kept saying over and over how happy she was that they selected me; she had a good feeling.

Later that week I attended an event where I met active members.  I am not good with small talk, and the two hours went really slow...but I made it through and hopefully left a nice impression with them.  The following day I met even more people...and I told them they'd have to remind me of their names as I met quite a few people in less than 24 hours.  That is the hard part, not having photos and names to 'study' from, but the occasional repetition.

Overall, it was a good week.  An overview of sorts.  I kept worrying that there is so much to learn and do...would I succeed?  Would I win them over after such an attachment to my predecessor?  Of course I can do it...why wouldn't I?  It is just a matter of time that I will feel comfortable and understand my new position.

No comments:

Post a Comment