Friday, February 7, 2014

questioning fate

I've always believed in fate; things happening for a reason.

fate

  [feyt]  (dictionary.com)
noun
1.
something that unavoidably befalls a person; fortune; lot: It is always his fate to be left behind.
2.
the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events; time: Fate decreed that they would never meet again.
3.
that which is inevitably predetermined; destiny: Death is our ineluctable fate.
4.
a prophetic declaration of what must be: The oracle pronounced their fate.
5.
death, destruction, or ruin.

But maybe that is all rubbish.  Maybe I believed in that because I needed to justify all the bad & good things that have happened over the last 10 years.  But maybe there is nothing more to it.

Maybe people coming into our lives aren't because they are supposed to be there or because they are teaching us life lessons.  Maybe it is just chance that they are just there, that we don't gain anything by having them in our lives.  I need to stop wondering what the hidden meaning is; stop looking for something that will justify my actions; or stop remaining hopeful that people/things come to me for a reason.

But what kind of satisfaction is that?

I am cursed; my brain over thinks and I over analyze.  I am trying to justify things but who knows if it even matters in the scheme of fate. I'd like to think it does, because it will mean I remain hopeful.  And I need to be hopeful because it has to be better than before.

1 comment:

  1. Consider this: the things that come into our lives are the exact thing we need to develop into the beings we were meant to be; which is so much more than we ever imagined!

    You don't have to justify a thing, Denise.

    ReplyDelete