Monday, February 17, 2014

neighborly help

One of my biggest issues is my lack of friends...and for a single person, friends are a bit of a requirement.

I have a few friends but they are married with kids so I don't really hang out or talk to them all that regularly.  Bank Boy is probably my only non-married friend...but he usually brings up the fact he wants more.  Over the last few years, I've bitched and complained that I want better friends.  Ones that will go out of their way once in a while for me, like I do for others.

So imagine my surprise when I got a fever last night and needed some Advil or Tylenol.  I was too weak to move around too much or go out, so I messaged two of my neighbors to see if they had anything.  They both responded very quickly.  One came over with cold medication, which I didn't need, and claimed he was at CVS and would pick some up...coincidence?

The fact that someone would leave their nice warm apartment to walk to the store (OK, so it is just around the corner) for me is kind of amazing.  I couldn't stop thanking him for his actions.

Apparently my being nice to others does eventually come back around to me.



(although while I was waiting for my delivery, trying not to fall asleep, I messaged Mountain Man to chat with me.  He started to talk about the weather out there.  Hmm, weather is a topic that people bring up when they have nothing to say to the other person...just more clarity that is done.  So I thanked him and wished him luck, in everything.)

No comments:

Post a Comment