Thursday, May 19, 2011

My tonsil

I had this weird growth in the rear of my mouth.  When I called my ENT to make an appointment he was all full and I have a 9am appointment on Tuesday- where I can't guarantee that I will still be unwell.  So I called my primary care physician and he was full too but was able to sneak me in at 1pm. 

Why is it that the days you are 'sick' and want to see a doctor that you can't get an appointment that same day?  Isn't one of the major points of a doctor's office to see patients when they are sick that same day? Not just routine follow-ups.  What is the point of going 4 days later when the symptoms are not there anymore or are worse or better? 

My doc was cool about it and since it turned out to be 'nothing' I felt bad this time.  I don't generally go to the doctor for no reason...so I did have a good reason - something looked really wrong/strange.

Doctor told me that it appeared that part of my tonsil was inflamed.  Strange since I had my tonsils removed when I was five years old.  It is gross looking - it looks like a small bean shape that is slightly 3D looking from whatever it is connected to.  It is an uncomfortable feeling and it hurt slightly when I swallowed on Tuesday, but other than that I seem normal - aside from my ears feeling 'cloudy'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment