Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Free Time

I have so much free time it is scary. I never know what to do with the 3-4 hours I have after work mid-week, on my weekends or how to use my vacation days. That is how I know I am missing a huge part of my life (having someone special to spend it with either a man or a child). Leave a comment for suggestions!

I have a business trip coming up very soon to New Orleans. I am excited about this since I have never been there but have wanted to go for quite some time, unfortunately, I am not taking extra time off down there so I will only have one free day of about 5 hours for me to explore the area on my own. The rest of my 2 days will either be with my clients from breakfast to dinner or in the airport/on a plane. I was surprised when no one took me up on the offer for a FREE hotel room in New Orleans, but the flights were crazy expensive, so that is probably why no one wanted to go.

In June I will be busy. I am going to Anaheim for work for 5 days with a co-worker and I hope to visit a friend in Oregon before that trip. I just found out my co-worker's client has a conference in Las Vegas so I volunteered for that, which will be before Oregon. So I will be gone for about 12 days - and need to figure out how to get work & casual clothes in a carryon! [ Don't worry, I schedule my posts so you won't miss me too much, you'll just be a little delayed]. A lot of work, but a bit of free time too! I really hope to start working on my tan. Then in July 3-7 I'll be in the Hamptons.

I am talking off a lot of Monday's in the summer from the comp time I have acquired. Other than that...I have no idea what to do with my vacation time. I am too broke for a real 'vacation' and I have no one to go with and there are only so many places I would go alone.

Future husband...you are missing out on my work trips. Come find me soon so I will have company when I travel. You can work remotely or use your free time by the pool/beach/shopping/sightseeing.  You are also missing out on the after work snuggle/dinner/sex.

1 comment:

  1. I have been to New Orleans many times as my son attends college there.If you are staying in the French Quarter, just walk around and enjoy the craziness! Make sure you go to Cafe Du Monde for beignets- It's not a date place so no worries about being there alone with a couple making out at the next table...it's a huge outdoor tourist cafe!

    ReplyDelete