Tuesday, December 28, 2010

snooping on partner can mean jail time...

Have you heard about the man on trial for 'snopping' through wife's email?  I was appalled when I heard about this just moments ago. At first, my reaction was....why would he be on the news? What wife would actually press charges?  Then it dawned on me...a guilty one.

I know I am jaded since I have been cheated on.  But the realities seem parallel.  Do you trust your partner? If so, wouldn't s/he have your pass code or you don't have passwords?  Are there things you don't want your special someone to know - why not? 

I am not sure what the vows of marriage are - but being faithful I think is in there...and I am pretty sure when you live together somethings you now share.  If you don't want to share it...then create a really really hard password or create a new email. 

If the password was in the desk drawer - and you lived together...I don't get it.  Just because the lady got caught cheating she needed to get revenge?  Felony misuse of a computer?  That is such bull-shit.  How is it hacking, when he HAD the password?  It wasn't like he sat there for 3 days for 10 hours a day trying random passwords - and finally getting in.  He had it.  Isn't that some sort of consent?

I wish I had SI's password then I would have ended the agony way before I did.  And you what? A few months after I moved out and I was there "visiting" since we were trying to work it out, he set me up on the computer to watch an episode of LOST I missed, and after I checked my email.  Google you don't have to log out, so his popped up.  I then saw so many emails from the mistress. I did read a few since he told me they weren't speaking - but apparently they were engaged for months....and months I mean like WAY before I moved out...six months before to be exact - before I knew she existed.  So snooping was beneficial to catch people in a lie.  Further, after that little bump in the road, a few months later when we were still working it out and he was adamant about helping me trust him again, I asked for snapshots of his email or a temporary password just to check...but that was an impossible task for him since it would only continue to prove him more guilty.   And is it really snooping when you LIVE together? When you are MARRIED? I think not. 

If you aren't guilty, you wouldn't care.  I really hope this guy doesn't get 5 years in jail!

I keep wondering why the law is constantly protecting the more guilty.  So, I snooped through credit card statements and discovered a secret life that my 4 year live in boyfriend had. - So, what, I would go to jail? Isn't that more insult to injury? He already gets the breakup - and then throwing the faithful one in jail? UGH I am getting more annoyed writing so I have to stop...but you catch my drift.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/email-snooping-wife-brings-michigan-man-felony-computer/story?id=12488956

No comments:

Post a Comment