Monday, December 6, 2010

He called me Chill

I was out with an old high school friend.  After not seeing someone for so many years, you never really know how to be.  Of course, you are supposed to be yourself, and you are a version of that...however, you don't want to talk to much, you don't want to share to much, you tone it down.  Or at least I do. I am a quieter version of me when I am with people I don't know so well or that I haven't seen in a long time.

I am also super relaxed and go with the flow.  My personality makes me a leader in many ways...but when possible, I just want to enjoy the moment and not take the lead and make desisions all the time.  Being relaxed and down to earth was actually a trait that both of my ex's loved about me and something I really don't think about since it is just who I am.  I forget that some girls are so high maintenance, high energy, fake or whatever.

So I am hanging out with the friend. It goes well.  We hang out again a few months later and it is better since some of that awkwardness is gone.  And all of a sudden he is like, "Denise, you are so chill".  It sounds funny and it sounds a little ghetto.  But, I took it as a compliment.

1 comment:

  1. Being chill is a nice compliment and I always find it a very attractive attribute in a woman.
    I always try and adopt the chilled personna when I'm with people I dont know all that well and I don't know if it's the old "opposites attract" adage but I always seem to get involved with women who never stop talking!
    Nice post Denise, just reading it has made me feel chill!

    ReplyDelete