Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bank Boy helps me find a job

Bank Boy has made a little appearance again.  He approached me about perhaps working at his company. If I were hired, he would get some sort of bonus.  Since I was thinking about finding a new job I figured why  not?  So, this job at a huge company would mean longer hours and more stress but for more pay...but it is probably worth it at this point.  [Bank Boy & I worked together 11 years or so ago - but this time at least not in close proximity]

I have went the last four years not looking for a new job because I was hoping to find a relationship and spend time on me.  Unfortunately, the lack of money has affected me even worse, mostly because I do not have money to go out with. Work a second job or just a more stressful job and have less free time? 

I attempted to think I would work for SI doing something on the side a few hours here or there.  It would have been ideal, but it just does not seem to be working.  So, I told Bank Boy that I would send my resume over to him to pass along to the recruiters.  His company likes to see accomplishments which I really don't have many of, but I modified the resume a little and emailed it to him.

A week later I follow up to ensure he got it.  He did.  But, he also took the liberty to FIX my resume.  It isn't that I didn't try - I had about 4 people review it and provide feedback in the last 3 months.  But for him to just change things and send it?  HELLO?  Sure, I get he was trying to help - but still tell me.  What if his changes were good and I want them in my current file?  What if he had typos or his edits ruined the page layout?  What if they called me for an interview and asked about something that was on there that I didn't know about? 

Seriously.

(I did ask him to send me the file/email of what he fixed so I can either add to my current resume or at least know what he did)

1 comment:

  1. Ask him to send you the revised copy, because what he did sort of sucked. A bit audacious if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete