Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 wishes and dreams

Thank heavens 2010 is over.  Not that 2010 was horrible, I've had much worse.  But its time I get a year that is filled with happiness, health and fun.

So, what will I do to help achieve that?  As you know, I am all about goals lately so I am using this New Year's eve to have some 'me' time and have a little wine and give my 2011 some serious thought.  

Being single I sometimes fear that not having things to do is preventing me from meeting my real happiness goals.  Granted my Chinese delivery guy is a white guy...I am not meeting my future husband reading or watching TV at home.  So by having mini-goals throughout the year I hope that my universe will align and things will start to fall into place.

These are things I have come up with so far:
  • pick my own berries
  • see an opera
  • lower my blood pressure
  • cook more often (I used to but living alone hasn't seemed 'worth' it)
  • go on at least one date a month
  • send at least X resumes a month
  • do things out of my comfort zone
  • do more things alone
  • take a trip somewhere
  • volunteer more
  • go to a book signing
  • eat healthier
  • ? find a higher paying job?
Of course I have a ton of things on my 'bucket list' page that I can do too.  So it is just a matter of what to do in each month, and I hoped to work on that today but I was busier today than I thought I would be to really work on this.  I would ideally love to have something planned for like 3 or 4 days per week. 

And my new year's resolution?  No group gifts and no planning things for my family!  A little nontraditional yes...but it is a source of stress.  And getting in shape is so overrated.  If I decide to do that, it will be because I am ready/want to not because 90% of the people want to do it in January. 

I am looking for other ideas also, so if you have any - be sure to comment!

Hope you have a happy new year's eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment