Sunday, October 9, 2011

What's your number?

I caught a matinee this weekend - What's your number?  While the film wasn't exceptional by any means...it sort of brought up something I do. 

Ally (played by Anna Farris) reads an article staying that if a woman doesn't settle down/marry someone by the time she sleeps with 20 men, then most likely she will never marry.  Ally makes a list of all the guys she slept with and reached 19 - she realized she needed to be more careful and not sleep around until she meets her future husband - but she got drunk and slept with her ex-boss.  At number 20 she decided to seek out her past men to see if they are date-able again now.  She solicits help from a good looking neighbor who she soon falls in love with. 

So what makes this resonate with me?  Well, I try to keep my number low and tend to sleep with people I've already slept with.  Yes, that is right, I've recycled the men back in.  Not the smartest idea since there is a reason it didn't work out the first time - but sometimes when you just need to get laid, it isn't the worst idea.  Then again the difference between Ally & I is that Ally actually dated these men...while I only have had what 2 boyfriends?  The rest of the guys were causal.

While the magazine article Ally read was fictional - and stated 20 as the magic number, what do YOU think is a decent number for an unmarried 30 something single person?  Do men look at women differently after a certain number? 

I hope my lucky number is below 10. I am getting close, which is why I better meet my fh soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment