Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Chewing Tobacco

My HS friend Kevin had this habit that I hated...dipping.  As you may know - dipping goes hand in hand with baseball (which Kevin was very good at).  Anyway, in my opinion dipping was disgusting.  That wad of tobacco on his gum line, buffing out that otherwise nice smile but more disturbing was the constant spitting into cups or bottle or cans.  And if the bottle was clear...I'd have to see that.  Disgusting.
source
Over the last thirteen or so years, I haven't really seen much dipping, then I went to see Moneyball a few weeks ago; even though I am not a huge Brad Pitt fan.  I think Brad had about 3 super small seconds where he actually looked 'cute'.  The movie itself was really good, but I was really distracted by all the spitting.  Sure I get it...I know chewing tobacco and baseball...hand in hand.  Got it.  But is it important to show that non-stop in a movie?  Does it make the movie more genuine since it is based on a true story?  I think if I saw it twice spaced apart in the movie...I still would have got it.  But maybe that is just me.

Dipping was brought over to the USA by the Swedish immigrants.  Are you indifferent to chewing tobacco or does it disgust you as much as it does to me?

Chewing tobacco disgusts me, smoking cigarettes is gross, cigar smell make me feel lightheaded, hooka I don't see the point of, the only thing I can handle is seeing an old man smoking a pipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment