Friday, October 14, 2011

Movin' Out

It is amazing how something like moving out makes us finally get around to doing all those things we wanted to do for a while.  I was packing up some of my stuff over the weekend and I finally got around to painting my kitchen.  Imagine, after 3 1/2 years, it is crazy, I've tried to paint it before, just never really liked the colors.  My waterline to the refrigerator burst maybe 6 months ago, and I tried to fix it three times unsuccessfully; my father replaced it this weekend.  My microwave broke over a year ago, and now I will be buying a new one to replace it.  All this for my future tenants pleasure.

During some thinning out of my belongings and a quick scrub - I realized how much I still like my apartment, despite my few issues with it.

It will be a sad weekend when the realization starts kicking in that...I am moving out. Holy Crap.  I am moving out and I really have no idea what is in store for me January 2013 and after.  This is odd because I normally plan plan plan.  Now...I hope to change things...but have no real plan and that scares me a bit.  Part of me is proud that I am finally taking some sort of action - part of me is happy that I am moving past the 'transition' period after the breakup to the now---acceptance stage, but part of me is sad because this was MY first place and I am giving it up.  But I know that I can't stay here to be as happy as I need to be and I know that deep down that good things will come to me in the future because I am a pretty awesome person :)

No comments:

Post a Comment