Sunday, October 30, 2011

October Snow

I didn't believe the meteorologists regarding the October snow storm...I mean, why should I?  Normally they are wrong.  They will predict a blizzard we get a flurry.  They say a flurry, it snows 6 inches.  They say partly sunny, and it rains.  Sure, they are right some times...but I gave up watching the weather. 

I heard rumors about the snow, and it WAS really cold, so I thought a few flurries would come.  Turns out they were right. We had about 5 inches of snow.  We lost our electricity before the snow really even began.  It was out for 28 hours.  No power = no hot water = no heat.  Burr it was cold. I slept in socks and gloves.  I had a few neighbors over last night for drinks since we were all in the same boat - it was really  nice to get to know them a little more; even if I won't be around much longer.

Driving to the grocery store today, I have to say it was so pretty, seeing snow on the ground and trees, but yet, the trees were still green/slightly changing colors.  I am a bit bummed I didn't take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment