Sunday, October 2, 2011

I intentionally ate a spider

Last night I was getting into bed, and I saw a spider above my bed.  I refuse to kill bugs since I have a fear of them.  I was exhausted and didn't want to sleep on the couch so I made a decision to go to sleep, on my bed, under the spider.

I was very conscious for a while - making sure the covers were over my mouth. But I know bugs like heat (warmth, body heat, whatever it's called).  It took a while for me to realize that instead of killing the spider, that I would practically be ensuring that I'd be digesting this spider.  As much as spiders scare me, I know we ingest what 7 per year? others say 7 per lifetime.  Who knows.  When I woke up this morning, I was not surprised to not see the spider anywhere in my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment