Friday, April 6, 2012

Wrapping Up

Wrapping up work was time consuming.  I was putting in an extra hour or two the last week I was there - trying to do things months away plus all the regular work in order to make the transition a little easier for whomever was going to take my place.

Since I didn't give a lot of notice, they were still in the interviewing process, which means I had to show a co-worker what I did and then she'd show my replacement. I was writing down all my procedures for my day to day activities, showing her, explaining things, and still cramming in as much as I could.  I was stressing myself out more than I should have, and all my work was going unnoticed - making me question why I was helping them out so much, when clearly they didn't care much for me.

I told my clients a bit late of my departure, but they were all very supportive, knowing I was destined for something better.

Hopefully I can start to think about my future employment soon - and start to become excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment