Friday, November 4, 2011

TV cutback

I know I am healing because I am not as interested in TV anymore.  When I moved back to NY 5 years ago, I started to watch a lot of TV. It became my thing to do to help me escape my sad reality.  I was watching shows that were decent, but that I didn't love.

This past week, I am flipping through my DVR and I watched everything I wanted to.  All the rest were...eh...I hit play, but then after 15 minutes just deleted the show. I am just not into it anymore. 

TV is becoming less interesting...and I have to wonder if it is because I like drama, action & comedy. However, the action shows are way to unrealistic. I live in the NY Metro area; I am in NYC 5 days a week. I have NEVER seen a shoot-out , a high speed chase, or any of the crazy things that occur on a regular basis on TV that you would think is normal.

That makes me feel great. I feel like things are starting to actually come together, just like I don't need my apartment, I don't need those shows anymore. Of course I'll stick with my favorites (the Middle, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Castle, NCIS, and I am still not 100% sure of Two & a Half Men).

1 comment:

  1. PHEW! As long as HIMYM made the cut, I'm happy!!

    I'm also loving (not that you will) Breaking Bad, Nurse Jackie, Bones and Fringe.

    ReplyDelete