Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Phone Date

Recently my Mom's friend decided to set me up.  I told her I'd be willing to met this guy  - but I didn't want her to tell me anything about him.  Why not?  Well, everyone has different tastes or perceptions of people and I don't want to go in biased nor do I want to go in thinking someone is 'just my type or perfect for me' when they aren't - and how would the fixer-upper know what is perfect for me anyway?

So I get a call from this guy and it wasn't too awkward.  As bad as I think I am with meeting new people and being shy with new people, for whatever reason, I've been really good about talking to strangers on the phone.  Maybe it has something to do with me not staring at their face distracting me.  So we talk for about an hour (which is amazing for me because I am not really a phone person) about small things.  Activities we like, trips, a little about our jobs, town we live in, very basic family stuff.  I still have no idea how old he is or what he looks like, which is just fine with me for now.

The one thing that I wasn't sure was a turn-off or something to be worried about, was his eagerness to help me/do things for me.   Twice I was like, ' that is nice of you, but we haven't met yet' or 'thanks, but I am not sure if it is appropriate for you to move me and break your back as our first date'.  I can see both sides, but should I be a little leery of his willingness to do all that for someone he doesn't know?

I mean sure, I came 'highly recommended' to him.  Maybe there is a shortage of nice girls out there too.  And I mean, I am not conceited, but I am really nice & sweet & thoughtful & could be fun & lovable...and I want to share that with someone...but because of my past, I am not ready to dive into anything too quickly.  I just don't want the guy to be dreaming of me already when there is so much more to understand about each other.  Or even see each other...looks do matter a little bit.

I have an insane first part of November, but I will keep you updated once when we go out for Hibachi.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear how it goes! I can hear the happiness in your recent posts (overall not just this one ) . Love u!

    ReplyDelete