Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Saguaro

When you think of Arizona, what do you think?  I've been there a few times, but always the northern part near the Grand Canyon.  I've always wanted to see big cati.  When the opportunity came up to go to Phoenix, I jumped on it.  I knew the Saguaro National Park was in Tucson, so that made it to my must see list. 

What I was not prepared for was that there were big cati all over Phoenix too.  Arizona was so brown with all the dirt - YES, I know that cactus is a desert plant and in the desert is dirt/sand. But I don't know if I can live there (not that I was/am seriously thinking of it - I just always keep that in the back of my mind).  So for a day and a half we drove around and saw the Saguaro's, hiked the Picachio Mountain and went to the Biosphere 2.  It wasn't the nicest, prettiest or most adventurous short road trip, but it was still nice to get away.







When we got back to Phoenix, we had time to drive a little through Tempe and Scottsdale.  Now THAT part of Arizona I could live in.  It was much more civilized.

No comments:

Post a Comment