Thursday, November 24, 2011

I am thankful for...

I have wanted a child for a while, but I am thankful that I do not have a child with a man that I am no longer involved with.  Seems like something obvious, but the truth is with divorce rates so high, there are a lot of people that have to raise children with people they no longer like.  Sure, you have a few cases where everyone is happy - but a majority of the homes struggle with the balance, the consideration, honesty, fighting, etc. 

Sometimes I think back to what my life would have been like if things didn't happen the way they did.  What if I had a child with someone that I didn't end up with for more than 20 years?  I am 98% certain that I would be bitter and have more hatred for that person based on their actions, their constant nagging and pissing me off intentionally that I probably wouldn't be happy; especially if they left me for someone else and still wanted to emotionally abuse me.  To know that I would have to remain in contact with them and see them in order to raise our child 'together'. 

So, SI, thank you.  Thank you for not knocking me up and not having a child with me.  Although the kid might have been cute - I know I couldn't handle having to see you move on with your life and rub it in my face constantly; It was hard enough as it is.

Not only are there divorces or separations, but what about all those other people that just get pregnant when they are dating or not even dating someone?  To those few guy - thank you for mostly wearing a condom or pulling out or having sperm that my uterus & egg rejected.  The last thing I'd want to do is get knocked up with someone I don't even like enough to date.

And thank you to my body - for so many years of not having a regular period which made it difficult to even think about getting pregnant.  You probably saved me from a few pregnancies knowing it wouldn't have worked out in the end.

And last but not least, I am thankful for my fh who will father my two children.

No comments:

Post a Comment